MEREWORTH VILLAGE HALL
Registered Charity No. 266640
CONDITIONS OF HIRE FOR MEREWORTH VILLAGE HALL, SPORTS PAVILION, AND/OR ANY EQUIPMENT
1) All applications for the hire of the hall, pavilion or equipment must be in writing, and forwarded on completion to the Booking Secretary, or other appointed member of the Mereworth Village Hall Committee (hereinafter referred to as “the Committee”). The person by whom this application form is signed for all purposes be considered the Hirer and liable as such.
2) An additional deposit of £100 is required at the time of booking, which is returnable if all the conditions are adhered to and the hall and surroundings are left in a clean and tidy condition. The Committee may retain part or all of the deposit if the function is not ended at the agreed time, if other conditions are not met, or if equipment is damaged. All hire charges, including the deposit, must be paid at least two weeks before the date of hire.
3) The village hall is surrounded by residential properties, and Hirers must ensure that users do not cause annoyance or inconvenience to the occupiers of neighbouring properties, including the turning and parking of vehicles. Please advise attendees to use the hall car park and entrance/exit drives wherever possible, and ensure that residents’ driveways are not used for turning vehicles or their access obstructed by parked vehicles.
Vehicle movements are not as significant an issue at the sports pavilion, but Hirers should still ensure that no annoyance or inconvenience is caused to the occupiers of properties nearby.
4) No intoxicating liquors shall be sold unless an occasional licence for the hall or pavilion shall be in force at such time, and the hirer shall produce such licence to the Booking Secretary before the commencement of the hiring.
5) Regardless of whether alcohol is being sold, for any bookings scheduled to end after 23:00 the hirer is required to obtain a temporary event notice from the local authority at their own cost. The hirer shall be entirely responsible for obtaining any other licence that may be required by law, having regard to the nature of the function and indemnifying the Committee against any claims which may arise from the failure to do so.
6) The hall is licensed with the Performing Right Society and Phonographic Performance Limited for playing recorded music; the pavilion is not.
7) The hall and pavilion do not have a TV licence. Whilst in the buildings, all users are therefore not permitted to:
watch or record TV programmes as they are being shown, using a TV or DVD/VHS recorder;
watch live TV online, or to download or watch BBC programmes on demand, including catch up TV, on BBC iPlayer, using any device (including laptop computers, mobile phones and tablets).
Hirers must ensure that everyone attending their function complies with this requirement.
8) The Committee shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to any property arising out of hiring, nor for any loss, damage, or injury which may be incurred by, or be done, or happen, to any person or persons resorting to the hall during the hiring, arising from any cause whatsoever, or for any loss due to any breakage of machinery, failure of the supply of electricity, gas, leakage of water, sewage, fire, government restriction, or act of God, which may cause the hall or pavilion to be temporarily closed for the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled. The hirer shall indemnify the Committee against any claim, which may be made by any person resorting to the hall during the hiring in respect of any such loss, damage or injury. The hirer shall at all times keep the access to fire doors unblocked, and the fire doors left closed at all times (not wedged or held open in any way).
9) The right to entry to the hall is reserved to any member of the Committee or any other authorised agent of that Committee and any police officer at any time during the hiring.
10) The Hirer shall at the expiration of the period of the hiring leave the hall/pavilion in a clean and orderly state. The Committee may, if it thinks fit, charge the hirer for any expense incurred as a result of the hall/pavilion being left in a dirty, disorderly or damaged state and charge to the Hirer the cost of remedying any defect or disrepair or for any damage caused to the hall/pavilion, furniture, equipment, or fittings during the period of the hire, retaining towards such charge all or part of the deposit paid pursuant to clause 2.
11) The Hirer shall ensure at the expiration of the period of hiring that all electrical installations are switched off and all gas and water fittings are turned off. The Committee may if it thinks fit charge the Hirer for any extra expense it may incur as a result of them not complying with this condition of hiring.
12) The Committee reserves the right to refuse the hire of the hall to any person or organisation.
13) No admission charge shall be made to any function, except by a recognised club or society.
14) The Hirer shall endeavour to ensure that not more than 90 persons shall attend at any one time any function / dance / entertainment in the hall.
15) The Committee reserve the right to impose from time to time as they think fit extra or special conditions in respect of every or one hiring of the hall and the intention to make such extra or special conditions will be notified to the person applying for hire at the time of booking.
16) It is the responsibility of the Hirer to supply at their expense all sundries such as toilet paper, soap, detergents, towels and any other additional items that may be required. Please ensure that disposable items such as paper towels, serviettes and nappies are not flushed down toilets, as this is likely to cause a blockage.
17) The Hirer must be over 21 years of age, remain in the hall during the period of hire, and be responsible for the collection and return of the key.
18) For parties between the ages of 10 – 18 the hirer must have a supervisory ratio of 1 adult per 10 children. The hirer is responsible for the supervision of all children and or disabled users whilst they are using the hall or pavilion.
19) Certain doors within the hall leading to the fire exits are fitted with cabin locks. These will only be in use if the hirer makes the decision to use them at their own risk.
20) A full copy of the Health and Safety policy manual is available upon request (and on the Mereworth Parish Council web site http://www.mereworthpc.kentparishes.gov.uk/hall-coshh-statement-2/). The Hirer is responsible for reviewing the policy and for compliance with the terms of the policy.
21) Under no circumstances should water (from floor cleaning etc) be thrown over the soft-surfaced covered play area at the rear of the hall, as this renders it unusable by the pre-school playgroup.
22) The Hirer must ensure that lifting operations in their areas of responsibility are carried out in accordance with safe practices.
23) As there are no telephone facilities at the hall or pavilion hirers must ensure that at least one mobile telephone is available in case an emergency arises. If the emergency services are required, the full address to quote is:
Mereworth Village Hall
149 Butchers Lane
Mereworth Sports Pavilion
HIRE CHARGES (AS AT SEPTEMBER 2019)
Minimum charge £45.00 for 3 hours
plus £15.00 for each additional hour
All day bookings, Weddings and Private Parties £145.00
(10% discount to individuals for current members of the MVH Tote (number to be shown on booking form) and parents/guardians of children attending Pre-school playgroup)
(Rates for regular hire of the village hall can be obtained from the Treasurer (Graham Matthews, email firstname.lastname@example.org ))
Hire of tables/chairs for use away from Village Hall – £11.50
SPORTS PAVILION (for parties, meetings etc)
Minimum charge £45 for 3 hours
plus £15.00 for each additional hour
Rates for regular hire of the pavilion for non-sports use can be obtained from the Treasurer (Graham Matthews, email email@example.com ))
CRICKET / FOOTBALL PITCH and SPORTS PAVILION (sports teams)
Rates for hire of cricket / football pitches and the pavilion by sports teams can be obtained from the Mereworth Parish Council Clerk (Gill Kirby, telephone 01732 846192 or email firstname.lastname@example.org )
APPLICATION FOR THE HIRE OF MEREWORTH VILLAGE HALL, SPORTS PAVILION AND/OR ANY EQUIPMENT
Please complete and return to the Booking Secretary:
For Village Hall and equipment – Annabel Smithies, email email@example.com
Telephone number 07818 465130
For Pavilion – Gill Kirby, email firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone number 01732 846192
I, (name) ……………………………………. Telephone no …………………………………
of (address) ……………….…………………….. email address …………………………………
Hereby apply to hire Mereworth Village Hall / Sports Pavilion and/or its equipment (delete as applicable), subject to the Conditions of Hire, on ………………………………………………… (day and date), from ……..…….. (time) until …….……….. (time) for the purpose of …………………………………………..
I hereby agree to pay the sum of £…..…..… * for such hire and enclose cash/cheque** for this amount. An additional cheque for £100.00 is required as a security deposit and will be returned after the booking providing no damage or loss has occurred.
Please make cheques payable to Mereworth Village Hall.
* MVH Tote members claiming 10% discount – please show membership number …..…………….
** payment via online banking also accepted – account details shown at bottom of form
I confirm that I have read and understand the Conditions of Hire.
The Hirer should ensure that on leaving the Hall/Pavilion all rubbish, boxes, goods, etc, are taken away, floor to be swept (and mopped if liquids spilt – apart from the wooden floor in the village hall) and all left in a clean and tidy condition, any tables and chairs used are returned to the storeroom (village hall) and stacked tidily, with access to the fire exit not obstructed, all lights are turned off, doors closed, gas heaters (village hall) turned down to pilot (top knob left in the ‘down’ position (the flame symbol) and bottom knob turned down to number 1), night storage heaters to be left on (during winter months), water boiler in village hall kitchen (on wall between the windows, above the right-hand sink) switched off.
Registered Charity No 266640
For online payments
Bank: CAF Bank
Sort code: 40-52-40
Account number: 00010098
Account name: Mereworth Village Hall