MEREWORTH PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Planning Committee of Mereworth Parish Council held by electronic communication due to Covid-19 – 28 April 2020
PRESENT – Chairman – Jon Regan (JR), Jenny Thorogood (JT), Ted Murray (TM), Michael Bound (MB), Katherine Eykelenboom (KE), Andrew Wells (AW), Gill Kirby (Clerk),
1. Declarations of Interests – (AW) declared an interest in item 4(2)
2. Minutes of Planning meeting held 24 March 2020 – these had been distributed and were agreed as a true record
3. Questions from members of the public – none
(This is a concessionary short session and limited to 30 minutes. Five minutes per person will be allowed initially and only if time permits, will further comments be heard. This session is for information only and no action need be taken upon items raised)
4. MBC Planning Applications
1. TM/20/00726/LB – The Farmhouse, The Street, Mereworth
Listed Building application – removal of 2no windows to south side elevation and insertion of new timber multi-fold doorset.
Mereworth Parish Council considers the proposed multi-fold doors to be too dominant in the south elevation and out of keeping with the appearance of this attractive listed building both inside and outside. Given the width of the proposed opening it is regrettable that the necessary flat lintel above the doors cannot reflect the segmental window heads of the existing larger original windows. Members understand the desire to access the garden but urge the applicant to consider a new French window opening, a third the width of the proposed doors and repeating the traditional segmental window heads of other windows in this elevation. The applicants do not show full sympathy for the historic building as stated, the expanse of the doors would also involve removing a substantial amount of brickwork
(AW) declared an interest in the following item)
2. TM/20/00647/FL – The Exchange, 524 Tonbridge Road, Mereworth
Single storey side extensions And TM/20/00671/LDP Lawful Development Certificate – Changing an existing garage into an annex
3. TM/20/00709/FL – The Oasthouse, The Street, Mereworth – single storey side extension
No grounds for objection in principle. Mereworth Parish Council would suggest less door height plate-glass fenestration in the side S window and the W elevation link to the house. Timber cladding to the extension does not match the original brick in any way. Out of character with the existing early C19 oast. It could be made less stark with some glazing bars and brick.
5. TMBC Determinations
1. TM/20/00482/FL – 157 Butchers Lane, Mereworth
Loft conversion with new pitched roof, dormers and roof lights, demolition of existing garage & conservatory
6. KCC Applications – none
7. Local Plan – The 3 hard copies of the Highways Appraisal had now been posted to the Programme Officer. The hearings have been postponed due to Covid-19 and the documents had been sent for uploading onto the website for the Inspectors and public to access.
8. Date of next Planning Committee meeting: 26 May 2020 at 7pm – this meeting will be the Annual General Meeting and will be conducted by electronic communications.
Meeting closed 7.45pm