MEREWORTH PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Planning Committee of Mereworth Parish Council held on Tuesday 27 November 2018
1. PRESENT – Chairman Philip Olden (PO), Jenny Thorogood (JT), Michael Bound (MB), Katherine Eykelenboom (KE), Andrew Wells (AW), Gill Kirby – Clerk
2. Apologies for absence – Alastair Pullen (AP). Jon Regan (JR)
3. Declarations of Interests – none
3. Questions from members of the public – none
(This is a concessionary short session and limited to 30 minutes. Five minutes per person will be allowed initially and only if time permits, will further comments be heard. This session is for information only and no action need be taken upon items raised)
4. Minutes of the previous planning meeting held on 23 October 2018 – These had been circulated and were agreed as a true record. Chairman signed the minutes
5. TMBC Planning Applications
1. TM/18/0444/FL – 246 Butchers Lane, Mereworth
Erection of double storey 2/3 bedroomed dwelling
This application had been circulated and sent to TMBC by deadline date Comments were as follows:
Mereworth Parish Council strongly objects to this application on the following grounds:
1. The site is on a junction which has very poor visibility
2. The proposed development is very dense for the size of the plot
3. There are dangers relating to car parking arrangements as this road is used as a ‘rat run’
4. It is in an area of historic character and this Council is not satisfied that the proposals respect this (Policy P4/7)
5. Access is difficult and extra, potentially dangerous, vehicle movements in a congested area are a cause for concern
6. Proximity to the Grade II Listed Holly Cottage: the proposed development would be higher than the latter and would detract from its attractive appearance
7. It would partially obstruct the view from houses north of Beech Road
8. The hedge that is proposed to be removed is part of the ‘Historic Character’ area
Members request that a Conservation Officer should be consulted on this application.
Clr Mrs Anne Kemp has requested that this application should come before TMBC’s Planning Committee for decision should the officer be minded to approve it.
2. TM/18/02727/FL – Barons Place Cottage, 202 Willow Wents, Mereworth
Two storey side extension and single storey rear extension – revised application
6. KCC Applications – none
7. TMBC Determinations – none
8. Local Plan Consultation – A Representation Form has been submitted to TMBC and an independent Traffic Assessment commissioned. Thanks to (MB) and (AW) for their work on this.
9. Any other Business and items for future discussion
10. Date of next Planning Committee meeting: 11 December 2018 following the Parish
Council meeting which starts at 7.00pm.
Meeting closed 9.31pm