MEREWORTH PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Planning Committee of Mereworth Parish Council held by electronic communication due to Covid-19 – 26 May 2020
PRESENT – Chairman – Jon Regan (JR), Jenny Thorogood (JT), Ted Murray (TM), Michael Bound (MB), Katherine Eykelenboom (KE), Andrew Wells (AW), Gill Kirby (Clerk),
1. Declarations of Interests – none
2. Minutes of Planning meeting held 28 April 2020 – these had been distributed and were agreed as a true record
3. Questions from members of the public – none
(This is a concessionary short session and limited to 30 minutes. Five minutes per person will be allowed initially and only if time permits, will further comments be heard. This session is for information only and no action need be taken upon items raised)
4. MBC Planning Applications
1. TM/20/00905/FL – 238 Butchers Lane, Mereworth
Partial demolition of existing single storey extension and erection of two storey extension
Mereworth Parish Council does not object to this application but would comment as follows:
The dark grey aluminium fenestration is not in keeping for a building of this age in an area of historic interest
There are concerns for the privacy of neighbours due to overlooking from the kitchen into neighbours garden.
2. TM/20/00937/LB – The Oasthouse, The Street, Mereworth
Listed Building Application – single storey side extension
No grounds for objection in principle. Mereworth Parish Council would suggest less door height plate-glass fenestration in the side S window and the W elevation link to the house. Timber cladding to the extension does not match the original brick in any way. Out of character with the existing early C19 oast. It could be made less stark with some glazing bars and brick.
5. TMBC Determinations
1. Planning Enforcement Investigation underway at 212 Butchers Lane – alleged unathorised driveway – noted
6. KCC Applications – none
7. Local Plan – No further information
8. Date of next Planning Committee meeting: 23 June 2020 at 7pm – this meeting will be conducted by electronic communications.
Meeting closed 8pm