MEREWORTH PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Planning Committee of Mereworth Parish Council held on Tuesday 25 October 2016
PRESENT: Chairman – Jon Regan (JR), Philip Olden (PO), Michael Bound (MB), Katherine Eykelenboom (KE), Stephen Reynolds (SR), Jenny Thorogood (JT), Andrew Wells (AW)
1. Apologies for absence –TMBC Clr Mrs Ann Kemp, Katherine Eykelenboom
2. Declarations of Interests – none
3. Questions from members of the public – none
(This is a concessionary short session and limited to 30 minutes. Five minutes per person will be allowed initially and only if time permits, will further comments be heard. This session is for information only and no action need be taken upon items raised)
4. Minutes of Planning Committee meeting held on 27 September 2016 – distributed
(Meeting scheduled for 11 October was cancelled)
5. Matters arising – none
6. TMBC Planning Applications
1. TM/16/02856/LB – Listed Building Application – 222 Butchers Lane, Mereworth
Refurbishment and alterations to existing listed building consisting of structural repairs, injected DPC, new roof light window, one replacement window, new ground floor, new wall, floor and ceiling linings, removal of current staircase, removal of all partitions and formation of new layout
Discussed by email previously – Objections as per application for TM/16/02466/Fl
(SR) informed the meeting that this application had been withdrawn by the applicant.
7. KCC Planning applications – none
8. TMBC Determinations – none
9. KCC Determinations – none
10. TMBC Local Plan – ‘The Way Forward’ – Regulations 18 Issues and Options – and
completion of Questionnaire.
(PO) and (AW) had attended the Local Plan meeting on 17 October and reported that this had focused on the development of East Malling to Allington and Kings Hill. Proposals for Kings Hill is less than Phase3. The recommendation was for the Green Belt to be extended to the West Malling By Pass to prevent Kings Hill encroaching on West Malling. There was concern about A228, and infrastructure.
The potential residential development of the Wood yard at Kate Reed Wood directly affects Mereworth and may result in the loss of a useful rural industry.
It was agreed that all councilors would look at the plans on the website and agree a response at the next meeting. Action ALL Councillors
11. Local Transport Plan 4 – Consultation – deadline for comments 30 October 2016
(PO) referred to the Plan, explaining that the A228 was not mentioned. The consultation was to close on 30 October. It was agreed not to comment on the A228.
12. Date of next Planning Committee meeting: Tuesday 8 November 2016 at 7.30pm if
Meeting closed 9.31p.m.