MEREWORTH PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Planning Committee of Mereworth Parish Council held on Tuesday 13 December 2016
PRESENT: Chairman –– Jon Regan (JR), Philip Olden (PO), Michael Bound (MB), Katherine Eykelenboom (KE), Jenny Thorogood (JT), Stephen Reynolds (SR)
Andrew Wells (AW), (Gill Kirby (Clerk)
1. Apologies for absence – none
2. Declarations of Interests – none
3. Questions from members of the public – none
(This is a concessionary short session and limited to 30 minutes. Five minutes per person will be allowed initially and only if time permits, will further comments be heard. This session is for information only and no action need be taken upon items raised)
4. Minutes of Planning Committee meeting held on 22 November 2016 – agreed as a
true record of the meeting.
5. Matters arising – none
6. TMBC Planning Applications
1. TM/16/03448/TNCA – Octagon House, Mereworth Road,
T1/2 – Birch trees near rear boundary – prune to reduce heights of both trees by approx. 2.5m and prune to reduce sides of both trees by approx. 1-1.5m
T3 Mature Willow to prune to reduce crown overall by approx. 2m to vicinity of previous reduction points
T4 Eucalyptus tree – prune to reduce crown overall by approx 2-2.5m, to vicinity of previous reduction points
T5/6 – 2 no young self-set Sycamore trees to fell both trees to near ground level.
2. TM/16/02631/FL – The Cross, The Street
Erection of Car port – It was noted that an Appeal to the Planning Inspector has been made following the decision by TMBC to refuse planning permission for a car port at The Cross.
3. TM/16/03329/LB – Former Queens Head, Butchers Lane
Additional information – replacement of existing sash window in ground floor front elevation with French doors – to be finished in grey
4. TM/16/03551/FL – Herne Farm, 168 Butchers Lane
2 storey side and rear extension
7. KCC Planning applications – none
8 Date of next Planning Committee meeting: Tuesday 10 January 2017 at 7.30pm – if
Meeting closed 8.30 p.m.